Healthcare interoperability solutions refer to the ability of different electronic systems and devices to communicate and share data effectively. This includes the ability to exchange patient information between different healthcare providers and systems, such as hospitals, clinics, and electronic health records (EHRs), as well as with patients and their personal devices.
Care providers, Billing solution providers, Payers, Clearinghouses, Labs, Pharmacies and many other players in the ecosystem, exchange huge amount of data with each other and with the CMS. Integration across these different entities involves zillions of standards such as HL7, CCDA, FHIR, EDI X12, IHE, DICOM, NCPDP, ICD 10, QRDA and many more. The complexity of these standards is further coupled by the mechanisms (such as Integration engines, Web services, Direct database integrations) employed to facilitate the exchange.
The ever-evolving nature of these standards, technical complexities they entail and the ripples they create when implemented in a system, demand significant attention. Anyone leading a team of integration engineers would reckon the following are the biggest challenges they face.
Familiarity with standards
Knowledge of business workflows
Experience with tools
Things we can do for you
Your integration needs would vastly differ based on your context and objectives. You might be building a new solution that complies with regulatory requirements, maintaining a legacy solution that talks to more up to date partner-systems or might have a solution that’s cumbersome to maintain because of the zillions of interfaces it has with the outside world. Depending on your current reality, you may find one of the following of interest.
Organizations across the US healthcare value chain exchange tremendous amount of data through evolving channels of data exchange with more and more partners. There is a constant need to enable this exchange through technology. Evolving standards, better technologies and newer players demand new infrastructure that facilitates exchange of data in time-critical business transactions. We help you make it possible by
- Building HL7 interfaces using interface engines (such as Mirth, BizTalk, Cloverleaf etc.) for integrations with labs, PMS, EHRs, Patient portals etc.
- More ubiquitous exchange using CCDA and FHIR to make secure patient health information exchange possible
- Developing capability for digitized RCM (837, 835, 270, 271, 834 etc.)
- Submission of CQM data to registries using QRDA
- Creating custom web services
Even today, there exist systems in healthcare organizations that were built couple of decades back. Over time these have become quite stable and do what they should. However, maintenance of such systems is a nightmare as not many people in these organizations know these systems well. They often lack documentation, are patchy and require ‘tribal knowledge’ when a fix is required. In the context of interoperability, we understand how important it is to get a transaction through and so we help you by
- Monitoring your interfaces to make sure that exceptional scenarios are caught and acted upon
- Making changes or customizations in case your partner systems change and demand one from you
- Documenting them enough as we go, to take the mysticism out of the equation for the next guy
- Keep them up to date with the latest versions that are mandated by HHS
The lack of ONE standard has resulted in a lot of inefficiencies for US healthcare organizations, providers, payers and pretty much everyone in the ecosystem. But as more mature standards are adopted by the industry as a whole, it’s wise to rationalize you portfolio and simplify it. However, that requires a deep understanding of the complete ecosystem. Often organizations lack a deep understanding of the partners/surrounding solutions they work with. We by virtue of catering to the entire value-chain are positioned to get you out of that ordeal by.
- Analysing the integration touchpoints your solution portfolio has within itself and that with the outside world
- Creating a process map that helps you realize the magnitude and the severity of the affected workflows
- Designing a to-be state that reduces the overhead of interface management and minimizes the cost of supporting infrastructure by simplifying your portfolio
Facilitating Seamless Integration with the Ecosystem
Our varied experience with HIT and Healthcare standards ensure, you are on the right path
Let's spark innovation!
A glimpse of our industry expertise