With increased regulations and scrutiny from the CMS, healthcare solutions are treading on thin ice. The repercussions of oversight are grave and may amount to severe penalties, making thorough testing of healthcare technology is imperative. While a couple of decades back, testing mostly meant mainly functional testing, today it could imply functional, security, certification, performance, usability etc. As the CMS, FDA, increasingly demanding consumers and fierce competition fuel this need, organizations are seldom equipped to perform everything in house. Also, many a times, a second opinion helps you see what you are likely to miss on behalf of the biases you hold. This is where we come in.
If you have been involved in a few product releases during the past decade that included regulations like MU, IDC10|5010, MACRA, QPP etc. you would understand the effort that goes in the testing of healthcare solutions. When it comes to testing HIT, below are some of the foremost considerations CTOs have.
Exposure to modern
data & workflows
Design and requirement
Understanding of regulatory requirements
Expertize with interoperability standards
Exposure to modern testing tools
Understanding of data & workflows
Design and requirement refinement
Things we can do for you
Quality assurance has develops several stratifications owing to the expectations from different stakeholders such as product management, end-users, infrastructure managers, CTOs, CIOs etc. As each of these areas demand specialized skill sets, it’s imperative to look at the complete quality assurance process as a collection of these and fit them together in a way that does not stretch the SDLC. We have been helping our customers with some of these specialized services and would love to do the same for you, if that’s a current challenge for you.
Coupled with regulatory requirements and standards, the clinical and financial workflows within HIT solutions aren’t the same as they were so far. Now, testing of these solutions requires understanding of not only the context, workflows and users but also that of partner solutions, standards, regulatory requirements etc. With our experience of both, clinical and financial side, we make sure that your solutions not only work, but do so in a way that makes sense to the end users. At Nalashaa, we make this easier for you
- By ensuring your products‘ alignment with regulatory requirements (QPP, ICD10|5010, MU, HQRP etc.)
- By validating your product for workflow efficiencies that may have been missed by you. An independent QA often helps you pick what gets ignored by developer’s bias!
- By creating, managing, simulating and using test data to test complex interoperability requirements such as CCDA, EDI, HL7, FHIR, CQMs, etc.
As solutions mature with time, product owners must think about the OpEx associated with every release. Automated testing is a wise investment on such solutions to accelerate your release cycles, save time, effort and money spent of testing of releases, regression etc. We help you
- Evaluate and leverage popular tools such as Selenium, QTP, SOAP UI, TestComplete and a few others to reduce recurring expenses related to manual testing.
- Integrate automation testing into your release cycle to minimize manual intervention and accelerate the pace of releases.
- Manage your automation test cases and test data so that even business users/non-technical staff can run and modify test suites, schedule test runs and manage test data.
With end consumers expecting modern appeal from the solutions they use, it becomes an obvious choice to assess an application from a usability perspective. A lot of applications are often pretty but not ‘usable’. With poor usability, comes a marketing problem. Your sales and customer service teams are likely to be the victim if this aspect isn’t given enough attention. We can help you avoid that nightmare by
- Analysing the persona of your end users, fitting it with the context they operate in and identifying productivity challenges
- Scientifically applying usability by applying principles of usability
- Arriving at a scorecard that helps you understand where you stand and making suggestions around potential problem areas
As more and more solutions go the cloud way and are being accessed over mobile platform, performance becomes an important consideration point for the product managers. It’s important to validate how well the solutions perform on unanticipated platforms of usage, low bandwidth connections and other such adverse contexts that the developers might have missed to address. We help you start that journey by
- Analysing different layers of your solution to identify performance bottlenecks
- Leveraging various tools (For ex. AppDynamics, HTTPWatch, Fiddler etc.) to identify inefficiencies within those layers and recommend fixes
- Integrating performance testing into your SDLC to ensure that it doesn’t become a pre-release check;
With Office of Civil Rights (OCR) growing serious about HIPAA, it is in your best interest that you ensure that your solution doesn’t cause a PHI leak and thus expose you to risk of penalties worth millions of dollars. Organizations are increasingly taking interest in implementing necessary controls in their solutions that reduce this risk. We help you tackle this risk by
- Implementing the necessary HIPAA requirements and avoid OCR’s penalties
- Assess your system design and architecture for design deficiencies that may result in a possible unauthorized access to a malicious hacker
- Use tools such as NMAP, ZAP, Mataspilot etc. to identify system vulnerabilities that are difficult to be caught through a manual assessment.
- Identify vulnerabilities (SQL injection, DoS, Private IP disclosure, Clickjacking among a million other things) in a report and provide recommendations on possible fixes
- Help you plug those security loopholes by making the necessary design or code changes.
A glimpse of our industry expertise