HIT vendors have been battered over the last decade by an array of regulations. An unintended casualty of those was the technological innovation that the providers would have actually appreciated. While a lot of HIT vendors may want to conquer the coveted frontier of customer-centricity, many are clueless due to the epileptic shocks of the pandemic and the regulatory storms of MIPS, Cures Act, and others.
It’s time to go back to basics!
Recalibrating the Compass
A lot of HIT vendors, especially EHRs, cater to a variety of market segments and are perennially on a hamster wheel. Often enough, that results in making products/solutions ‘acceptable’ rather than ‘delightful’. Below are a few challenges that HIT vendors should aim to address before it’s too late.
Lack of Interoperability with ecosystem
Getting providers higher reimbursements
of IT landscape
Demonstrable regulatory compliance
Where Should Your Focus Lie?
‘Urgent’ ensures survival, thriving is fueled by ‘Important’. The dogfight between the two fuels the roadmap dilemma. Below are a few things that we believe should figure in your priorities to get your mojo back.
- Faster charting, lower errors
- Workflow orchestration/customization
- Clinical Documentation improvement
- PDMP and EPCS
- SDOH incorporation
- e-Notifications (HL7)
- Automated Assistants
- Patient merge & identity management
- CDS and Precision/Personalized medicine
- Clinical trials enrolment
- Coverage and responsibility estimation
- Pre-authorization and pre-claim review
- Front-end/desk workflow automation
- Faster, accurate claim submissions
- PR collection
- Price transparency initiatives
- Auto-posting and reconciliation
- Parametrized Worklists
- Auto-creation of recurring claims
- Eligibility determination
- Prior authorization
- Patient statements/collections
- Discharge instructions
- Follow-up visits
- Release of information
- Safety procedure audits
- Claim data entry/validation
- Claims triaging, enquiries
- Payment posting & reconciliation
- AR enquiries, appeals handling
- Provider training
- Appointment enquiry / confirmations
- Medication reconciliation & adherence
- Tele encounters
- Care plan adherence
- Personalized outreach
- Rewards and incentive management
- Safety procedures/protocol education
- Mobile-first experience
- Digital personalized assistants
- Remote monitoring
- Regimen planners
What Does that Mean for Your Technology Roadmap?
These possibilities have a profound impact on several business outcomes and performance indicators. Technology can be used as an effective lever to transform several of these. A dissection of the technology initiatives to be executed to achieve those outcomes is as follows.
- UX Uplift
- Cloud Migration
- Mobile Enablement
- Legacy Modernization
- Portfolio Rationalization
- Report Optimization
- Data Governance
- Infuse Automation
- Empirical Quality Measurement
- CI/CD, Change Management
- Security & Performance Injected SDLC
- Impact of Regulations
- Upgrade Policy and Controls
- Oversight Mechanisms
Where Can We Help You?
You bring in the business view, we bring in the technological lens. Teaming together, we multiply synergies.
Business challenges translated into technology goals
To Engineer Your Nextgen Solutions
A glimpse of our industry expertise